Aequs is a diversified contract manufacturing company providing vertically integrated product solutions across the Aerospace and Consumer Goods industries. By leveraging its manufacturing ecosystems, Aequs reliably delivers supply chain efficiencies to its global customer base. Aequs currently engages over 4,000 people and operates manufacturing facilities across India, France, and the United States.
Aequs is a diversified contract manufacturing company providing vertically integrated product solutions across the Aerospace and Consumer Goods industries. By leveraging its manufacturing ecosystems, Aequs reliably delivers supply chain efficiencies to its global customer base. Aequs currently employs over 5,000 people and operates manufacturing facilities across India, France, and the United States.
Philosophy of the brand
The name Aequs is based on aequs, Latin for equal, suggesting a partnership between equals. It builds on our approach to creating an ecosystem of employees, customers, partners, suppliers, shareholders and the community to deliver effective solutions to our customers.
The Aequs identity has three parts:
- The two parallel lines at the bottom of the letter Q in Aequs reflect a sense of collaboration and concerted effort.
- The parallel lines in red and black as a visual language underline this collaboration.
- The brand name “ecosystems of efficiency ®” communicates our promise.
Aequs offers a fully equipped ecosystem that caters to the manufacture of complex aero parts for the most demanding aircraft supply chains.
Over the years, it has achieved numerous quality certifications and accreditations that are prerequisites for the aerospace industry, including NADCAP accreditation for chemical processing, surface treatments, and NDT, as well as AS9100D certification for its quality management system (QMS). This commitment to excellence has made Aequs a trusted partner to customers, including Airbus, Boeing, Safran, Dassault, Collins Aerospace, Eaton, Honeywell, SAAB and GKN Aerospace, to name a few.
Aequs’ engineered plastics division caters to some of the biggest brands in the global toys industry. It specialises in ODM / OEM solutions for global brands in consumer products like toys and domestic appliances. It is ISO 9001:2015 accredited, a standard for design, development, manufacturing, sales and distribution and uses aerospace templates in managing QA standards.
Taking forward the ecosystem story, Aequs is setting up India’s first global-scale toys manufacturing ecosystem, the Koppal Toy Manufacturing Cluster (KTC), at Koppal in Karnataka.
It is also setting up the largest integrated manufacturing parks in India for consumer durable goods at Hubballi in Karnataka. Offering a unique plug-and-play proposition, these industrial clusters provide manufacturers with the shortest plan-to-commercial gestation ever.
Aequs operates manufacturing facilities in India, USA and France.
- Aerospace: Aequs SEZ, Belagavi (Karnataka, India), Paris (TX, USA), Cholet (France)
- Toys: Aequs SEZ, Belagavi (Karnataka, India), Koppal (Karnataka, India)
- Consumer Durable Goods: Hubballi (Karnataka, India)
- QuEST Global manufacturing started as part of QuEST Global, in Bengaluru
- Joint Venture (API) for Surface Treatment capability for Aerospace
- Surface Treatment facility becomes India’s first to be approved by Airbus and Boeing.
- Commenced operations at Belagavi SEZ.
- Joint Venture (SQuAD) for Forging & Heat Treatment capability for Aerospace
- Joint Venture (AAI) for Aerostructure Assemblies
- First delivery from SQuAD Forging
- Restructured the business into autonomous business units and companies
- India’s largest 10k tonne hydraulic press installed at Forging facility
- QuEST Global Manufacturing rebranded as “Aequs”.
- Inaugurated India’s largest (100K SQFT) aerospace machining facility dedicated for Airbus.
- Expanded operations in North America through acquisition
- Forayed into “Consumer” business for Toy Manufacturing
- Expanded presence in Europe (France) through acquisition
- Aequs established country’s only Aerospace FTWZ & Material Processing center
- Recipient of Airbus Innovation Award & Airbus Detailed Parts Partner (D2P) Award
- Established 200K SQFT “Consumer” facility at SEZ, Belagavi
- First Airbus A321 door plug dispatched to Airbus
- Introduced Flexible Manufacturing System (FMS) for Aerospace
- Achieved 1 MN installed machining hours
- 400K SQFT Toy manufacturing unit II established, a JV with GFT
- First in India to manufacture A321Neo Over Wing Exit Door (OWD) structural assemblies
- Announced India’s first ~400 acres Toy manufacturing cluster at Koppal, Karnataka.
- Surface Treatment facility expanded for treating forgings
- Aequs India certified with “Great Place to Work” for FY 21.
- Awarded with the first “Casing Industrialization Award” from Safran (SHE) under Aequs Global Transition Model.
- Announced India’s first ~400 acres Durable Goods Cluster at Hubballi, Karnataka.
- Groundbreaking ceremony of India’s largest toy manufacturing cluster in Koppal
- Completed the 100th shipset, each of Over Wing Exit Doors (OWED), skeleton assemblies and Door 3 Plugs (D3P)