|Job Title||Junior Inspector – Quality Control(Aequs Aero Machine)|
|Number of Openings||One|
|Reporting To||Senior Manager, Quality|
|Overall Functional Scope||The Junior Inspector- Final Inspection (Junior Inspector) is an machined parts inspector with basic GD&T and blueprint reading skillsets. Is capable of learning to inspect most machined parts manufactured at AAM and operating all current handheld and tabletop inspection equipment. Should be willing to learn CNC programs and is able to understand why something may happen to a part at a machine. Basic skills and experience in checking and maintaining part dimensions to blue prints and specifications using a variety of precision measuring instruments and layout procedures. Assists supervisor with daily activities, monitoring work flows, prioritizing schedules, and training when required. Works with management staff in promoting a team-oriented environment with the mindset of continuous improvement to meet quality and efficiency goals and maintaining workplace safety. Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to multi task (i.e., handle two or more parts, issues or people at the same time). Understands and promotes the Aequs Aero Machine Quality Policy and Company Values, complies with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Work Place Instructions. Must be willing to work overtime as required to support production demands.|
|Responsibilities||– Perform receiving inspection of RM, BOI, processed parts from suppliers |
– Perform first piece buyoff of each job off the machines
– Perform daily checks of parts as requested by/for the machinists
– Perform final dimensional inspection of all lots of parts before sending them to the customer or to outside processing
– Perform Visual Inspection of processed parts after outside processing is completed
– Maintain Tool Calibration
– Document all work performed in QTS, part folders, etc.
– Help establish and ensure department standards for safety, quality and efficiencies are met
– Resolve problems by making educated decisions along with peer/supervision involvement
– Utilize proper measuring equipment used in the industry such as calipers, micrometres, height gauge and other measuring equipment needed to process & inspect work.
– Ensure production work orders are followed, complete/correct and maintained
– When applicable, provide direction and assistance with program proofing and improvements
– Use proper procedures/techniques, tools and instruments to inspect parts & perform first part inspections, verify part conformance to prints/specifications, apply GD&T rules for conformance when required
– Detect/identify damaged or inferior quality product/s and report defective equipment, materials and/or any faulty operations/activity to supervisor-help eliminate non-conformances
– Assist with eliminating non-conformance, identify root causes and corrective actions for quality problems, work towards goals of zero defects, scrap, rework, etc.
– Maintain equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly fashion-on a daily basis, keeps all related equipment and tools in proper storage within work location
– Follow, help enforce and teach prescribed work rules and standard safety procedures-continual basis
– Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time
– Train coworkers on how to operate inspection equipment and how to work in the AAM Quality system QTS/QMS, orders, Visual, etc. May perform in a temporary lead role
– Perform other inspector duties as assigned
|Desired Skills/Competencies||Knowledge of GD&T practices, modern inspection hand-held and layout table tools· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions · Proficient in performing mid-level math calculations Knowledge of manufacturing processes related to the aerospace industry Skilled in using measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers and other inspection gauges · Skilled in reading and interpreting documents such as work orders, drawings/specifications, manuals, and safety regulations · Ability to identify, organize, estimate, and recognize differences or similarities with excellent attention to details· Ability to efficiently train, motivate and assist in skills development of other and lower-level inspectors in various aspects of their job duties (on-the-job training, either one-on-one or group setting) · Ability to train and work with individuals having a variety of experience levels and personalities · Knowledge of 5S and lean concepts and ability to help move forward with achieving department goals|
|Indicative Years of Experience||· 2+ Years industry experience(Preferred)|
|Educational Background||· High school diploma or equivalent. (Preferably) an associate degree (AA) from two-year college/university, and/or certificate from an accredited trade school or apprentice/journeyman program. |
· A basic knowledge of (aerospace) blueprints-drawings, specifications and GD&T. Will consider combination of proven education/experience as to classification.
|Job Location||Aequs Aero Machine Inc. 2220 W park St. Texas Paris 75460|
|PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT||The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: |
– Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment
– Frequently be able to lift or move 30-40 lbs.
– Occasional exposure to chemicals and fumes
– Intermittent exposure to moderate noise
– Constantly stand and walk throughout the workday
– Frequent ability to sit at work station for manual duties
– Frequently reaches with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material
– Constant use of hands/fingers to grasp, pinch, pull, feel, or handle and manipulate parts and tools Frequent repetitive motions
– Constant requirement of specific vision abilities including close vision, peripheral vision, distance vision, colour vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
– Constantly wears eye and foot protection (Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required).
Constant Frequent Occasional
(5-8 hours/shift) (2-5 hrs./shift) (Up to 2 hrs./shift)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status and any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
|Note||Employment at AAM, Inc. is contingent upon the candidate’s ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, drug screening and physical capabilities test.|
To apply email your resume & cover note by clicking here